The last Monday of this month is Memorial Day. For many
of us, it's just a holiday we celebrate by getting the day off from work. For
department stores, it's a day to have a sale so all the people getting the day
off will come in and buy their goods. But, the truth is, it's a day we need set
aside to remember the men and women that have fought and died so we can have
the few freedoms we have left. They deserve so much more than just one day of
remembrance, but let's give them at least that much.
Let's honor them this year by being thankful for what
they gave for us.
This is a powerful story in history. Only a few
Americans are alive now who lived in those times. I would guess that a
lot of college students are not aware of these places, or how they happened.
Sad commentary on history teachers. Outstanding is a very mild word for
Our European arrogance in alphabetical order
- The American cemetery at aisne-marne , France
... A total of 2289
- The American cemetery at Ardennes , Belgium
... A total of 5329
- The American cemetery at Brittany, France
... A total of 4410
- Brookwood , England - American cemetery ... A
total of 468
- Cambridge , England ... A total
- Epinal , France - American cemetery ... A total
- Flanders field , Belgium ... A total of 368
- Florence , Italy ... A total of 4402
- Henri-Chappelle , Belgium ... A total
- Lorraine , France ... A total
- Luxembourg , Luxembourg ... A total
- Meuse-Argonne... A total of 14246
- Netherlands , Netherlands ... A total
- Normandy , France ... A total of 9387
- Oise-Aisne , France ... A total
- Rhone , France ... A total of 861
- Sicily , Italy ... A total of 7861
- Somme , France ... A total of 1844
- St. Mihiel , France ... A total
- Suresnes , France ... A total of 1541
Apologize to no one. Remind those of our sacrifice
and don't confuse arrogance with leadership. The count
is 104,366 dead, brave Americans.
And we have to watch an American elected leader
who apologizes to Europe and the Middle East that our country
is "arrogant"! How many French, Dutch, Italians, Belgians
and Brits are buried on our soil... After defending us against our
We don't ask for praise...
But we have absolutely no need to apologize!
Americans, forward it!
Non-patriotic, delete it!
Most of the protected don't understand it.
Do think about this.
The Glacier Society